Life Lessons After a Depressive Episode
2020 and 2021 wasn't great year for me. It took the whole of 2022 and a lot of therapy to get back on track with life, mental, Physical, emotional, and financial health.
Looking back, I have seen myself grow 100x as a person. Values remain the same, approach has changed. Here are some life lessons that come out of 1.5 years of Therapy + 1 year of Self-regulation
When you read it without really applying these there is a good chance this might feel like barebone philoshopy, but I have applied each one of these bullets in my life.
- You are the seed and solution to your own problems
- You have the power to break out of your problems. You just should be willing to try.
- Boundaries are for you and your behavior and not to control others
- Respecting your boundaries is a form of self-care
- Emotions that are a result of your thoughts aren't real emotions.
- Feel your emotions, notice your thoughts, and acknowledge them
- Distracting from negative thoughts is fine. Distracting from emotions is not.
- Friendships can be alot more intimate than you let them be.
- People are going to disappoint you, and it's okay.
- Save your empathy for people who empathize with you.
- You can be disgusted by some of your own behavior and still love yourself deeply.
- Self-love is acceptance. Flaws and all.
- Expecting alot from other people is also a sign of expecting a lot from yourself.
- Lowering your expectations gives you and others the chance to be gory human adults 😂 with flaws and everything.
- Labels are great as long as you use them as an empowerment tool to create awareness, not a victimization tool.
- You don't need a label to fix your patterns.
- My life goals are simple: leaving more generational wealth and less generational trauma.
- Learn to be in your comfort zone. Always hustling is not healthy behavior. You will never stop.
- Learn to be in silence with yourself; you will learn a lot about you
- Take yourself on dates
Last modified 1mo ago